Blog is short for weblog or web log and is a type of website geared towards specific topics with the goal of providing the audience with frequent postings of information in chronological order.
Business blogs have become a tool used to communicate with customers or employees in order to share knowledge, expertise and news. They are becoming extremely popular due to their ability to showcase a company’s expertise, build additional web traffic and connect with potential customers.
Blogs can be separate or integrated into your business website.
Blogging is useful for
- Allowing business owners to be viewed as an expert on the topic at hand
- Directly engaging with customers or readers and responding to comments and questions
- Improving search engine rankings by providing regular fresh content
- Generating increased traffic to your site
What businesses use blogging for
- Providing a human face to your business: Writing a blog allows you to express the personality behind your business and showcase that you are knowledgeable in your field.
- Easy distribution of information: Blog content is easily distributed, easily shared and easily referenced by others, even more so than a newsletter.
- Getting feedback through comments: Blogging is another great way to find out how you are doing and to connect with your audience or customers.
- SEO benefits: Blogs can drive your organic rankings on search engines, giving your business more visibility online.
How WSI can help
WSI can assist you in using blogging as an effective business tool by creating a search engine friendly blog for your business. We can help you avoid common mistakes, ensuring that you maximise the effectiveness of your blog and engage your audience.
Call us today to discuss how we can help you with your business blog.
- How to Write a Great Blog
- Website Design V Blog Design
- What is NetworkedBlogs
- Blogging – why should I do it?
- Oh How times have changed!