Social Media Marketing
Social media has, and continues to, completely change the way businesses operate online. It offers new ways to connect with customers and colleagues, and can help you to grow stronger relationships with them, not to mention help you find new prospects and customers. Social media is also useful for increasing brand awareness and for online reputation management.
In order to make the most of social media in your everyday business activities, it’s important to choose the right social media platforms for your objectives, follow best practices, make the most of the tools and resources available and monitor results to ensure your efforts are effective.
Whether you are new to social media marketing or have been using it for a while now, we can help you set up and optimise your social media platforms, then train and support you throughout the process.
What is social media marketing?
Social media marketing, also known as social media optimisation (SMO) is a form of internet marketing that uses social networks, blogs, online communities, social bookmarking and other online collaborative channels for publicity, customer service and/or to generate sales and opportunities.
It usually focuses on creating content that attracts attention and encourages people to share it with their social networks, thereby spreading the message from user to user. The number of people receiving the message continues to multiply as more and more people share it. People also tend to trust messages from others in their own social network more than they trust those received directly from companies.
Some of the more popular platforms used in social media marketing are:
Why is social media marketing a good idea?
Here are just some of the reasons why your business should be using social media marketing:
- Offers businesses a lower cost means to increase brand awareness and visibility.
- Allows businesses to educate potential consumers about products, services, etc.
- Provides a way to gather positive online reviews and share them with others.
- Can generate qualified leads and increase sales.
- Good way to increase website traffic or newsletter subscribers.
- Can help improve search engine rankings as well as offering more opportunities to appear in search engine results.
- Cheaper than traditional advertising and can reduce overall marketing budget.
- Provides quick feedback, useful to discover customer preferences or response to products and services.
- Excellent tool for affordable market research on customers, prospects and the competition.
- Strengthens relationship with customers.
If your business isn’t doing any social media marketing, then you are losing out on a lot of potential sales and opportunities.
Call us now to find out how we can help you come up with a winning social media strategy for your business or take a look at our Social Media Kick Start Plan.
- The Basics of Social Media Optimisation
- What Social Media Marketing is in Modern Business
- Tips on How to Make Social Media Marketing Easy
- The Coming of Age of Social Media
- Social Media Optimisation
- Social Media Marketing
- Social Media: Essex Businesses
- Social Media – Getting it Wrong
- Which social media is best for your business?
- How does Social Media impact SEO?
- Adding Social Media to Your Offline Marketing
- Adding Social Media to your Email
- Social Media Kickstart Plan
- Social Media – How to Write a Press Release
- Adding Social Media to your Website
- Best Practices for Measuring Social Media ROI
- Measuring Social Media ROI
- Social Media – what to do and what to avoid
- Making the Most of Social Bookmarking
- What are Your Social Media Objectives?
- Going the Distance with Social Media Marketing
- A Common Social Media Marketing Mistake
- Social Media, TV and Radio
- Isn’t it time to find out what social media can do for you?
- Social Media Workshops
- Why you need a social media policy for your company
- How to allocate time for social media marketing